Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Ep. 6~Mash Off

Looks like it's time for song mashups. I remember last season's mashup episode very well... After all, it led to Kurt meeting Blaine. ^_^ But this year, it wasn't boys against girls (what a relief!), because there's another Glee club in McKinley, the Trouble Tones. So they have a little friendly competition against each other. No one said it had to be a clean one, though...

Sue's political ads against Burt Hummel were absolutely hilarious. It's funny how there is also the political race at McKinley for senior class president being run at the same time... Could this be meant to reflect the real political race being run by the republicans for president-elect against Obama next year? I wonder...

I thought the class president debate was extremely funny. As you will see later, I put Rick the Stick and Brittany's entire speeches in my best lines post. ^_^ Kurt's speech was totally inspiring and clean. He is the only candidate totally worth voting for. It's a good thing Rachel bowed out of the race. There was no way she could compete with him. And it brought them back together as friends! Yay. ^_^ I'm glad about that, because all I know is that if I were best friends with Kurt, I would not want to be on the receiving side of his cold shoulder.

I wish I knew the reasoning behind Finn antagonizing Blaine. What gives? He offered a solo part to the new guy, Rory. But Blaine's cool, not affected by it...

Santanna's so mean to Finn for absolutely no reason, except perhaps he's the "leader" of New Directions... so instead of trash-talking, which she is too good at, they decide to have a dodge-ball game? Okay, whatever... I liked how Santanna was absolutely on a roll with the insults! Especially when she was "apologising" to him. She's almost like Sue Sylvester herself! Sometime I would like to see them come head to head and have them have a verbal fight to the death. But Finn certainly delivered the fatal blow by outing her.

Okay, I don't like the thought of Puck and Shelby together at all. It's just plain weird, to me personally. But I do have to admit: little baby Beth in his arms and him making baby talk at her is really cute! I'm glad he came clean and told the truth about his and Quinn's plans to steal Beth. I wonder how Quinn will pay him back later... The face-off between Quinn and Shelby was harsh. I hope she gives up on the stealing Beth plan, it's just totally stupid.

Finally, the cliff-hanger ending. My goodness, that campaign ad that was attacking Sue Sylvester was mean! She wouldn't have been phased by it, had it not been for the fact that it also attacked Santanna personally, and flat out called her a lesbian. It may be true, but to be outed publicly like that seems infinitely worse than a spat in the school hallway. She was in tears! It was the first time i truly felt sorry for Santanna. Then she had to go and perform that mashup with the Trouble Tones. What an emotional toll that must have taken on her performance. And that slap she gave Finn? Ouch!

Can hardly wait for next week's episode, to see how this story continues to unfold...

No comments:

Post a Comment